Dear Childbirth Professionals, Moms, Dads, and Birth Options Activists:
On behalf of The Big Push for Midwives, a most sincere THANK YOU for all you do to increase pro-midwife and pro-birth options in the U.S. You inspire us.
Before 2012 gets away, please take a breath to think of all you've done this year to push for victories in the ongoing movement to protect our birth rights. Stay encouraged. Note all you have invested in our shared cause! The work continues: together, we're pushing for birth options!
The Big Push for Midwives Campaign is fiscally sponsored by Sustainable Markets Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Support the work of the amazing folks in the PushStates.
Sign-up for news from the 2013 campaign trail from every state and territory in the PushNation as we all push for birth rights.
*Please Share This Message, Birth Rights Affect Us All
- Professionals: please send to your clients.
- Moms and Dads: please share in your social circles.
- Everyone: please expand the circle of the birth activist community.
TODAY is the day, Massachusetts!!!
The midwifery bill URGENTLY needs you!
Please call your own legislator NOW, letting him/her know that having good birth options is important to you. Please ask them to call Chairman Dempsey and ask him to release our bill—HB 4253—An Act Relative to Certified Professional Midwives—today.
We only have HOURS left to get the bill out of committee.
Every call makes a big difference.
If you have more time, please call the following Ways and Means committee members (list with numbers follows at the end of this message), asking them to release the bill ASAP so it can go to the House floor for a vote. We can still get the bill out but need your help now, more than ever.
With your help, we can do this. Thank you!
Find your own rep’s contact info here:
Ways and Means Committee members:
Please call and ask them to release the bill for a vote!
- Stephen Kulik 617-722-2380
- Martha M. Walz 617-722-2380
- Angelo M. Scaccia 617-722-2060
- Gloria L. Fox 617-722-2060
- Thomas M. Petrolati 617-722-2255
- Robert M. Koczera 617-722-2582
- Christine E. Canavan 617-722-2575
- Timothy J. Toomey Jr 617-722-2380
- Benjamin Swan 617-722-2680
- Colleen M. Garry 617-722-2380
- Geraldine Creedon 617-722-2305
- Kevin J. Murphy 617-722-2877
- David B. Sullivan 617-722-2070
- Ruth B. Balser 617-722-2396
- John P. Fresolo 617-722-2017
- Walter F. Timilty 617-722-2230
- Thomas M. Stanley 617-722-2230
- William Smitty Pignatelli 617-722-2582
- Joyce A. Spiliotis 617-722-2430
- Carl M. Sciortino, Jr 617-722-2013
- Angelo J. Puppolo, Jr. 617-722-2090
- Michael D. Brady 617-722-2230
- James J. Dwyer 617-722-2220
- Ann-Margaret Ferrante 617-722-2210
- Timothy R. Madden 617-722-2810
- Viriato Manuel deMacedo 617-722-2100
- Daniel K. Webster 617-722-2487
- Geoffrey G. Diehl 617-722-2810
- Angelo D'Emilia 617-722-2810
- Shaunna O'Connell 617-722-2305
- Donald H. Wong 617-722-2488
617-254-6175 617-901-2777 - c
Contact for information and questions:
- Miriam Khalsa (Mass Midwives Alliance)
508-655-7885 ([email protected])
- Audra Karp (Mass Midwives Alliance)
617-522-8383 ([email protected])
- Ann Sweeney (Mass Friends of Midwives)
617-254-6175/617-901-2777 ([email protected])
- Krina Patel (The Suffolk Group)
617-303-4570 ([email protected])
Stephen Kulik 617-722-2380
Martha M. Walz 617-722-2380